Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY NEW 2010




Happy New Year filled with happiness, luck and health is my wish to all my friends and family. I hope that after this year at least one of us has invented something great, re found true love, embarked on an unthinkable expedition/adventure and also just stumbled upon a big pot of gold for no reason whatsoever!

The holiday was great and we left for Dikhololo on the 25th. The temperature was around 30C for the whole week and wouldn't have asked for more. The chalet we stayed in was a two bedroom unit with everything we needed already there, just took clothes food and one or two drinks…haha!

The children had their mountain bikes and they were gone as soon as we kicked them out of bed only to be seen again once they needed some food or ice cream. The camp is situated inside a wild reserve making it great for the kids with the bikes. One day an eland opened a dust bin and started eating away at the crap inside. We stood and watched it from about 5m away and it was awesome to stare at the largest buck ‘just like that’.



Every day we would spend next to the pool and just hunger ourselves out for supper time. We ate flatties (whole chicken), rump steaks, homemade hamburgers and potjiekos (pot food would be a direct translation).



One day we took my son, Wessel, for some motor pacing on his mountain bike in the reserve. I didn’t train at all giving, not only my body, but more importantly my mind a break from the ‘I have to go training’ thoughts – man and did I relax! The young man got a good 1h30 session in and that was his training for the week. He one day tried to go off-road without his helmet and gloves...boy what a mistake! The picture speaks a thousand words.

What I will remember most about the holiday was the rock jump. There is a 3 – 4 meter rock from which you can jump into a swimming pool. I and Wimpie committed ourselves to jump into it on every single day…and we did. My bum is blue and black from the everyday impact, but the thrill was great! I will soon ad a very funny clip of where he miss judges himself and nearly had a very bad mishap!



One day we drove into town to stock up on some fresh dairy, etc. We walked past a pet shop and immediately I saw my next best friend…a little 4 week old Pitbull Terrier. I have had 3 Great Danes before and I really missed the friendship of a bigger dog. There are many untrue myths regarding these dogs and if trained well they are a joy to have. They are very intelligent (won 14 of the 25 super dog competitions), love people and they love children, just what I want. The Danes were just too relaxed for me and I want a work dog that will fetch a stick in water, play with the kids till they pass out and go on long runs with me whenever I feel like it. I have him now and his name is Smit. He is on Twitter as @iamsmit and he already has 5 followers…woof woof!

That is the holiday in a nut shell and I hope that yours was great too. We have so much to look forward to during 2010. Schumacher returning to F1. Can Lance dethrone Contador? The soccer World Cup right here on our door step. Personal targets. The dreams and ambitions of our loved ones.

Whatever makes you tick and whatever you are looking forward to, may it be over and above your wildest thoughts and imaginations!

Be strong. Live hard.

TriJackal

No comments: