Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaa!

How dee all ya mates of mine! I am embracing this warmer weather with all that is in me. It is so very very great and I do hope that it stays like this until spring time! The last few weeks were a bit chilli, but nothing too serious, just enough to dampen the motivation.

My good friend, Johan Stemmet (http://www.tri-stemmet.blogspot.com/) is going to Kona and that just lifts my motivation to give everything in me to get into the top three athletes in my age group at Ironman South Africa 2010. Hearing him plan and starting his training program is so the 'real deal' that it lifts one up. With it being so extremely expensive, I have told myself that if I don't get a top three I will not be going to Kona, even if I do qualify with a lower spot. It will lift me to not miss training sessions and to really commit to my schedule.

Last week went really well. I only missed one cycling session, but because it was my rest week it didn't bother me too much. My motivation is OK and I am still very positive.

The running is going well and I am so so comfortable. The hill sessions are tough. I am doing a 10k run with 4 x 600m hill repeats included. I try to do the first three as close to three minutes each and then go hard at the last one...still my 11 year old son whipped my ass by three seconds. He just pulls away from me little by little. I hate that feeling, but Wessel, being mine, makes me proud! I did my 5km time trial went well averaging 3:50 per km not pushing my heart too high.
I am happy with this considering I am still very early in my program and still very unfit.

The cycling time trail was done the day after the run tt and I felt it in my legs. I did post my best time for the last three weeks for a 29:35 over the 20km's. The long ride was very easy, maybe a bit too slow, but at least we went out in the cold. When I returned home after the ride my feet were still frozen.

The pool's temperature is a bit warmer making the early morning swims easier to do. Hanging around 20C it is far from perfect! This week the sessions are 1,5km and I am still focusing a lot on my stroke. I need to gain 4sec per 25m lap on average to get down to a 1 hour 3.8km swim...ouch.

The gym is hurting me like a dog! An extra set is being added this week making me very sore! BUT! Sore=strong=GGGGGoooood!

Of for my cycle now! Have a great day.

Be strong and live hard!

TriJackal

No comments: