Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Finding the rhythm - week two

During the second week of my 500 days journey, everything settled into normal mode. I was feeling stronger and stronger, I am extremely positive and I was starting to look better. My nausea and insomnia disappeared and I was looking forward to the future. 
After week one I lost 6.3kg which was obviously more than I have anticipated. I guess if I can keep on dropping around 1.5kg per week I will be very happy. 



The guy in the picture is slowly melting away. What I hated most about being overweight, was not the always being hot part, not the getting sick often part, not the constant feeling shit part, but the absolute below-par quality of life I was living. I was never a dude who could just sit still and watch others play, yet there I was sitting like an old man constantly observing and not participating. If I did it was only for a few moments. Also during this time, my knees went bad, my shoulders deteriorated and I began getting pain in my thumb joints. No more. 

I wanted more. I was better. Hence the 500 days!

This was a great week. I woke up early each day. I did all my training, which totaled almost 39km of walking! See pic below. My knees already feel better and so does my shoulder. I will slowly start introducing weight training during week three. 

I am eating like a champ, and I am still 100% clean on my food. I will post my 7 meals at the bottom. 

I am overflowing with vitamin D and I guess it also contributes heavily towards my positive attitude. 

I was very concerned regarding my very high blood pressure. When I took it this week it is slowly starting to drop. I am taking absolutely no medication. 

 
 As you can see it has dropped quite a bit and I am much more positive about it!!



Looking at the before/after pics, I am so pleased at my progress over just 14 days! I am on the right track and I am slowly starting to feel 17 again!

My weight has been dropping steadily too:

During week 1: 95.4 - 89.1= 6.3kg. 

During week 2: 89.1 - 86.8= 2.3kg

Total: 8.6kg in two weeks. 


My training for the week. It can be viewed in more detail on Strava under Jacques Redelinghuys. 



My diet was as follows:

Day 8: 3 pm braaid a pork chop with thick fat, homegrown green beans slightly fried in fat with salt, garlic, and lemon juice. 2 fried eggs with garlic, cucumber tomato salad with double cream yogurt, and apple cider vinegar as dressing. 


Day 9: 6 pm green beans lightly fried in fat with onions and garlic. Ox liver marinated in double cream yogurt milk and vinegar, fried with onions and garlic. Cabbage salad with little bit of carrot, raw onion vinegar garlic salt and spices.


Day 10: Food: 3 pm grilled 3/4 chicken, creamed spinach at Padstal pub with my brother during sparkling mineral water. 


Day 11: 7 pm beef mince fried in beef fat with onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Homegrown green beans and a cucumber/tomato salad. 


Day 12: 18:00 ox liver fried in coconut oil with onion, two eggs, spinach, cucumber, and tomato salad with Apple cider vinegar. 


Day 13: dried wors and full-fat cottage cheese. Beef mince fried in coconut oil garlic and onions with paprika and.  Baby marrow fried in coconut oil with onions garlic tomatoes and double cream yogurt. Cucumber tomato salad with Apple cider vinegar. 


Day 14:14:30 lamb on spit, lots of fat. Greek salad with heaps of olives and feta cheese! It was divine. 


My total time in the sun was more than 3 hours. 


Looking forward to the third week and thank you for following my journey. 


Be strong, live hard. 

Tri

No comments: